Church of San Mamed de Grou
The construction of the parish church dates from 1729, and it is a good example of rural baroque, with a Latin cross plan. The facade is the most outstanding, concentrating the ornamentation in the central axis. The façade has earrings on the keystone, which is decorated with a rope motif, and an airy niche decorated with eggs, which contains the stone carving of the owner. The belfry, with a slim design, consists of two decreasing bodies.
The abundance of altarpieces provides the richness of the imagery of the temple. The largest, with two bodies and three streets with Corinthian columns, has the inscription “THIS WORK WAS GOLDEN BY ABBOT DON MANUEL ANTONIO BOYLES YEAR 1772”. The tabernacle is occupied by Saint Eufemia and Saint Teresa; in the upper body by Saint Mamede, between Saint Roque and the Guardian Angel; in the attic by the Eternal Father.
On the wall of the Gospel, there is a single-body altarpiece with a cornice with a mixtilinear profile, framed by Solomonic columns, and stypites at the ends. It is presided over by Christ on the cross, on a background of paintings of Jerusalem. On the wall of the Epistle, there is a one-high rococo altarpiece, organized by columns, decorated with hanging canvases in the first third of the shaft, and the rest with rockeries.