Sanctuary of Nuestra Señora del Viso
This chapel is located in the Monte del Viso, is a massif that belongs to the Sierra de Leboreiro, from there you can see a good part of the Baixa Limia.
The hermitage is located at an altitude of 852 metres, and it seems to be on the acropolis of a castro, so it would be a Christianisation of ancient cults. Some Romanesque remains have been preserved, as well as an 18th century altarpiece. The image dates from the end of the 19th century and is one of those to be dressed; only the face and hands have been carved.
The sanctuary is one of the few examples of late Romanesque in the region. The factory has a rectangular floor plan and apse with a chapel and sacristy glued together. Inside, there is a semicircular arch on attached columns, with capitals with vegetal motifs and imposta decorating the triumphal arch. The base of the window extends to the outside with a shelf, becoming a niche. The sacristy was built in 1717, as an inscription indicates; it has two floors, with a window up to the interior, serving as a tribune for the clergy.
The front of the wall is Romanesque, with a semicircular arch and large voussoirs with balls in the intradorso. One of the jambs bears the inscription “ERA MCCCXL”, corresponding to the years 1300 and 1309, in which the sanctuary must have been built. The current façade was rebuilt in 1741, with a linteled door, highlighted with earrings, and a niche with the stony image of Our Lady, crowned by angels.