The tombs and dolmens dot Lobeira and form an indisputable part of its landscape. The first modern references to the megalithic in the town hall can be found in the famous work “Antiquities of Galicia” (1875), in which he describes the mountain “De las Motas” as an immense cromlech. Despite the interest shown by Florentino Cuevillas and other archaeologists of the time, the necropolis was not considered as it deserves and begins on the outskirts of La Fraga and extends through the mountains of Bangueses-Verea, penetrating into Portuguese territory in Rodada-Castro Laboreiro.
Both in Pena Franqueira and in Penafiel or Pena de las Siete Cruces, a multitude of signs can be seen, among which the cruciform forms inscribed in circles predominate. The three seasons are a clear example of the accentuated spirituality of the people of the time. Today, experts are inclined to call the period immediately prior to Romanization military culture, to the detriment of “Celtism”. From this period we find the castros A Corona and la Xulleira in Santa Cristina; El Castro and El Bosque; Cota de la Villa, in Lobeira; Castelo, in Sano Xés, and Castelo de San Adrao, in Cabaleiros. The possible military settlements would be located in the mount of Viso, and El Veloso, between Lobeira and Parada del Monte. Such density of settlements, in relation to population and territorial extension is difficult to find throughout Galicia.